31 May 2009

First Night

Actually, this is my second night sleeping in my new house, being that I was here one night last week. I don't have a room, so my mattress is on the living room floor. It's only temporary since I've only sublet for May and June. I was going to put it in the basement, but the boys (our friend Sam is our sublet) didn't think that was the best idea. So I here I lay.

I spent the better part of the day in Bos.ton packing and cleaning. I left for New.port at about 6 and got here by quarter to 8. It took me so long because it was miserably rainy for a good chunk of the drive. I unpacked my car with the help of AJ and Sam. I had asked my friend Erik if he could come by and help and he did, only we had already unloaded the car. He brought his puppy, Petey, and we hung out for a bit. Eventually, we decided to go for a walk.

We walked around for nearly 2 hours, just walking through town with Petey. We got ice cream and walked, caught up and just enjoyed the New.port scene. It was nice. Erik had texted me on Saturday to see if I wanted to go see d.m.b with him this Friday night! Since I took him to one of the shows I went to last summer, he wanted to repay me. We're calling it an early birthday present. I'm so stoked. Something about Dave says summer, plus I always have fun with Erik. He said he'd pick me up after my training lets out Friday and we'll head down to Hart.ford. We may miss the opener, but I don't much care. I'm so happy I'll be able to see at least one show this summer. I'm pretty strapped for cash and I think God is smiling on me. Last summer, I had tried to win tickets, but to no avail. The day of his first Bos.ton area show, my friend Lara called me and had two tickets to sell, which I snatched up. Erik was the first person that came to mind for that, so he went with me:


The next morning, my friend Sean called me to say he had an extra ticket for the second Bos.ton area show and would I like to go! OF COURSE I SAID YES!


I got so lucky going both nights last year and this year I figured I could miss out, but now I don't have to!

So far everything is working OK with living with boys. When Sam is gone, I think it will be more different, but so far so good :-D I'm going to head to bed because I have my first day of training for the new job tomorrow! I'm sure it will be a lot of review, but I need to be fresh for a day of interventions and approaches. Sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment